FA 1340 - Window Block & Tackle Sash Balance, 11-12 lbs., 14 inches long, 1 per pkg.
This non-tilt block and tackle channel balance is constructed of a mill-finished steel U-frame housing. The internal working components include a spring, cord and pulley system, but the plastic top and bottom guide shoes must be selected separately as they are not included with the balance itself. These window counter balances are used to counter-weight the moving sash on single and double hung vinyl windows. If your windows (sashes), are having problems staying up when opened, it may be that your sash balances or hardware needs to be replaced. The sash balances hold the weight of the window pane, over time, the springs can wear out or fail. Replace your sash balance for a smoother operation of your window and allow fresh air to enter your home with a window that stays open.
- Can be used on most single or double hung windows
- Heat treated high tension steel spring
- Will offset the weight of a window between 11 and 12 pounds
- 5/8 in. aluminum channel housing
- Compare old guide ends and note their dimensions to order the new guide ends
- Must select the top and bottom guide ends that are sold separately
- Prime-Line part H 3740 riveting tool can be ordered separately for installation of guide ends
- For further dimensional information, please see the line drawing