These wood window sash balances are constructed of steel and feature coil spring retracting aircraft cable lifters. These sash spring balances can be used in single hung windows, but were designed for use primarily with double hung, vertical sliding sash. While these sash balances are still used today in new, custom built wood windows, they are great replacements to use during historic renovation and conservation projects. These steel-constructed sash balances have been used in both residential and commercial applications, requiring very little maintenance while providing years of service without the need for vinyl liners. These double hung wood window sash balances are available in other weights and sizes, enabling the home owner or contractor to maintain the craftsmanship of the wood windows found in older classic homes. If your windows (sashes), are having problems staying up when opened, it may be that your sash balances or hardware needs to be replaced. The sash balances hold the weight of the window pane, over time, the springs can wear out or fail. Replace your sash balance for a smoother operation of your window and allow fresh air to enter your home with a window that stays open.
- Used to replace Duplex, Fabco, Preset and Superior sash balances
- Used in single and double hung wood windows with both single and dual installation of sash balances
- Coil spring retraction
- Constructed of steel housing and aircraft cable lifters with coil spring retraction
- Aircraft cable lifters
- Maximum weight rating of 12 lbs.
- Requires a 3-1/4 in. x 6-3/8 in. opening to install
- For further dimensional information, please see the line drawing