How To - Install Uninstall F 2686 International Window Pull Latch
The steps are not for new installation but for replacements.
How to uninstall / install F 2686 International Window pull latch.
This latch is used on a single or double hung tilt or non-tilt latch window.
The mounting screws are hidden within the latch.
Here are the steps.
- The window should be removed from the window frame. Window should be removed.
- You will see 2 screws that are inside the body cover of the F 2686 facing you.
- Unscrew each one (they are the red ones in the image, they have been colored for instructional use only and are actually white).
- Once removed, lift up on the outer cover.
- After the cover is removed, there are 3 mounting screws (the green screws in the image, they have been colored for instructional use only and are actually mill color) in the body that have to be removed.
- The base of the latch can now be removed.
- Reverse the order to install new latch.
- Reinstall the window into window frame.