These safety spring-activated door closers are constructed of diecast materials and come in a white painted finish. They are U.L. listed with a 1/2 hour fire rating, and can be used to close doors weighing up to 150 lbs. These closers feature an adjustable closing speed and they are non-handed, allowing them to be used on both left and right-handed swinging doors. Both the closer and the plastic slide plate are surface-mounted, and are easy to install. These closers operate in a pushing-closed manner, rather than in a pulling-closed method, and they do not have a hold open feature. Distance of travel: The closer arm of this safety spring closer has the ability to swing a full 180 degrees, but once it is mounted in place, the door’s distance of swing will be reduced to the point of where it makes contact with the bullet-shaped housing of the closer. For a rust and weather resistant closure, consider Prime-Line parts KC50HD (white) and KC57US (brown) which are suitable for outdoor/exterior use, designed for use with lightweight gates and screen doors.
All fasteners and installation instructions are included with this item. Other colors/finishes include: black, brown, chrome plated and satin chrome plated. Be sure to view the manufacturer’s How-To Installation Video also linked to this page, in the upper left-hand corner. Application of white lithium grease to internal compressing springs may be desired, but you should avoid using lubricants like WD-40 which breaks down lubricating grease. Do not overtighten, turning past 4 hole positions will cause this item to fail.
- Used to convert right or left hinged doors to self-closing doors
- 1 in. wide base, 4-1/4 in. hole center spacing, 4-3/4 in. arm
- These safety closers feature an adjustable closing speed and they can close doors weighing up to 150 lbs
- Diecast zinc alloy body construction with a white painted finish
- All components are surface mounted and work in a pushing-closed manner rather than a pulling-closed method with no hold-open feature
- Great for use on doors (hinged doors providing access to home-attached garages) with U.L. listing and 1/2 hour fire rating
- These closers have the ability to rotate a full 180-degrees
- For further dimensional information, please see the line drawing