Convert your hinged door into a self-closing door with Prime-Line part KC11US safety spring door closer. This surface mounted door closer installs in minutes! Use this spring door closer on doors that weigh up to 150 lbs. These closers are not handed, so they can be used on both left and right-handed hinged-swinging doors.
The door closers feature an adjustable closing force and speed. Constructed of diecast materials with a white painted finish, this safety spring door closer can complement any style door. Each closer is U.L. listed with a 1/2 hour fire rating. These closers operate in a pushing-closed manner, rather than in a pulling-closed method, and they do not have a hold open feature.
Distance of travel: The closer arm of this safety spring closer has the ability to swing a full 180 degrees, but once it is mounted in place, the door’s distance of swing will be reduced to the point of where it makes contact with the bullet-shaped housing of the closer. All fasteners and installation instructions are included with this item. For lubrication, avoid using WD-40 which actually breaks down lubricating grease. Instead, apply white lithium grease to internal compressing springs if desired or necessary.
Other colors/finishes include: Black, brown, chrome plated and satin chrome plated. For a rust and weather resistant closure, consider model numbers KC50HD (white) and KC57US (brown) which are suitable for outdoor/exterior use, designed for use with lightweight gates and screen doors. Do not overtighten, turning past 4 hole positions will cause this item to fail.
- INCLUDES, (1) Surface mounted spring-loaded door closer; works on doors up to 150 lbs.; non-handed; adjustable tension; U.L. listed; 1/2 hour fire rated
- EASY DIY PROJECT, Installation of these KC11US safety spring door closers is quick and easy. Use these door closers to convert hinged doors to self-closing ones
- CAN BE USED ON HEAVY DOORS - These spring door closers can be used on doors up to 150 lbs., and they can be used on both left and right-handed doors. Easily adjust the tension on this safety spring door closer
- To prevent over-tensioning, adjust closer one quarter turn at a time and test door after each adjustment. Over-tensioning can cause damage, if you wish to add additional lubricant to unit, carefully disassemble unit after relieving tension and apply white lithium grease directly to the springs
- Product INFO - This safety spring door closer features a non-handed design and White-painted finish to complement any style door
- 1 in. wide base, 4-1/4 in. hole center spacing and 4-3/4 in. arm
- Do not overtighten, turning past 4 hole positions will cause this item to fail
- For further dimensional information, please see the line drawing