This security bar lock is constructed of an extruded aluminum bar with steel brackets, and it comes in an aluminum color, painted finish. This universal bar lock is non-handed and can be used on both left and right-handed sliding panels, regardless if the sliding panel is situated on the interior side or the exterior side of the frame. The square aluminum bar measures 5/8 in. x 5/8 in. x 48 in., and it can be cut down to meet the width of smaller patio door systems. Security bar locks like this one feature a jimmy-proof construction, designed to prevent would-be intruders from opening the sliding door. All fasteners, brackets and installation instructions are included with this item. Other colors available include bronze and white. For adjustable bars see model numbers: U 9920 & U 9921.
- This item is used as a secondary security locking device on patio sliding doors, and it can be used on inside and outside active panel door systems
- Used to prevent door from sliding
- Folds back against door frame when not in use
- 48in. length can be cut to fit narrower doors
- 5/8 in. x 48 in. bar
- Made of extruded aluminum